Plenary Abstract Session / Concurrent Oral Abstract Session
Abstracts accepted for oral presentation will present their abstracts followed by a discussion.
Surgical Video Session
Video abstracts accepted for a surgical video presentation give a video presentation followed by discussion.
A featured symposium is moderated by two chairpersons, with four/five invited speakers per session delivering a presentation.
Rising Star Symposium
The Program Planning Committee will award young investigator/mentor teams, and the winning teams will each give a joint 30-minute presentation.
The mentor will present background information on the topic. The objective of the mentor’s presentation is to educate the Congress attendees on the importance and relevance of the work to be presented.
The young investigator will follow with a presentation of the data submitted in the abstract. A discussion will follow.
Grand Round Case Presentations/ Vanguard Debate Session/Vanguard Surgical Video Session:
These sessions will involve presentations of interesting or difficult cases by a Vanguard Committee member to a senior ILTS participant.
After comments from the senior member, the audience is encouraged to participate in a lively and informal open discussion.
Pre-meeting Symposium on Living Donor Transplantation: Beyond Surgery
The LDLT Donor – Accepting a steatotic right lobe living donor– limits, preparation, and role of defatting cocktails; safe use of low GRWR grafts; debates in LDLT: minimally invasive donor hepatectomy: laparoscopic vs. robotic; complex biliary anatomy: short- and long-term risks for the donor; long term psychosocial follow-up of donors post donor hepatectomy.
The LDLT Recipient – How and when to intervene in biliary leaks and strictures post LDLT; evaluation and selection of patients with tumours beyond conventional criteria (UCSF); arterial reconstruction: microscope vs. loupes; what matters in small for size syndrome in LDLT; surgical innovations in LDLT; intraoperative management of PVT; bench reconstruction of complex venous outflow; multiple bile ducts.
Pathology Workshop (Joint Session with Transplant Surgeons) concerning (non)oncology liver transplant medicine
Overview: This workshop covers oncology and non-oncology liver transplant medicine from the clinical and the pathological points of view.
Topics and Speakers:
- Transplant oncology clinics: general concept, current status, and future perspectives from the clinical point of view (Dr. Gonzalo Sapisochin)
- Tumor pathology of HCC, combined HCC-CCA, iCCA and metastatic tumor: tumor diagnosis including diagnostic pitfalls, macro/micro classification and inter/intra-tumoral heterogeneity (Mina Komuta)
- Chemotherapy-induced liver injury (Hanlin L. Wang)
- Diagnosis of the severity of liver disease prior to LT. Diagnosis and management of recurrent diseases post LT. (Dr Taizo Hibi)
- Chronic liver diseases (viral hepatitis, cholestatic liver disorder particularly PSC) in patients with pre- and post-transplant (Jimin (Nancy) Liu)
- Fatty liver diseases including (non) alcoholic-steatohepatitis: definition and pathological features in patients with pre- and post-liver transplant (Xinyan Zhao)
Basic Science Workshop: From Clinical Liver Transplantation to Personalized Patient
- Care: Omics, Artificial Intelligence and Experimental Models
- The A_B_C of Liver Transplant Research: Starting a lab for liver transplantation research, from basic science to precision medicine
- The multi-omics era: Identifying Strategies that will benefit specific research questions in Liver Transplantation.
- What experimental models can I set up for personalized medicine?
- New advances in Liver Transplantation Science.
- How do I publish basic science papers in Transplantation?
- Arterial Revascularization and Management in Liver Transplantation
- Arterial Revascularization in Living Donor Liver Transplantation
- Diagnosis and Management of Complications with Follow-up
Radioembolization Workshop (offsite)
- Management of HCC & ICC; Medical Oncologist view; What is new in Systemic Treatment?
- Basic Principles and General Angiographic and Technical Considerations
- Nuclear Medicine Considerations & Dosimetry
- Post-Radioembolization and Clinical Outcome
- Case Based Discussion & Video Presentation
- Live Case
Special Interest Group Meetings
This ILTS meeting in Istanbul will host 6 new parallel sessions that are dedicated to the Special Interest Groups. These SIGs will allow healthcare professionals of all disciplines to share recent advances in their special area of interest. It will encourage future collaborative research projects and promote activities to enhance education among participants.
DCD, Preservation & Machine Perfusion: The results of the ILTS Special Interest Group Venice Consensus Meeting on DCD Liver Transplantation
ILTS SIG in Infectious Diseases and Liver Transplantation and TASL Joint Meeting: HOT topics in viral infections (HCV, HBV and HEV) and liver transplantation
Liver Transplant Oncology
Liver Transplant Immunology: Immune checkpoint inhibitors for cancer therapy – Risk and benefit after liver transplantation
Precision Medicine and Biomarkers in Liver Transplantation: An updated guide for research in liver transplantation – Translating Basic Discoveries to Clinical Excellence
Cardiovascular Topics in Liver Transplantation
Use of Scientific Program Content
Please be aware that the information and materials displayed and/or presented at all sessions of this meeting are the property of the International Liver Transplantation Society (ILTS) and/or the presenter and cannot be photographed, copied, photocopied, transferred to electronic formats, reproduced or distributed without the written permission of the ILTS and/or the presenter.
Use of the ILTS International Congress name and/or logo in any fashion by any commercial entity for any purpose is expressly prohibited without the express written permission of the ILTS.